Hello. My name is Colleen Landry and I’m an alcoholic. Oops. Wrong forum. Awkward. Let’s start over. My name really is Colleen Landry. I’m a writer, teacher, wife, and mother of 2 strapping, grocery-hoovering teenage boys. I teach high school Writing online and I’ve had articles published in The Globe and Mail and Canadian Living.
When I’m not teaching full time and publishing an article every six years (the crowd goes wild), I fill my time with volunteer work (cooking,cleaning,chauffeuring, laundering, and grocery shopping. For free). I strive to give back to my community (Keeping rowdy teens quiet in our hot tub) and I am forever seeking cultural opportunities (I drink coffee from many faraway countries and eat exotic pastries whenever possible).
I’m planning to post something here a couple of times/week but I can get sidetracked at times so please bear wi- Oh,look at the pretty rainbow! Where was I? Oh yes, posting. I’m really not sure how this will go but I’m hoping we can have a laugh at
God’s sick joke being a 40ish female and all the misery that comes with that. Thanks for reading.
Follow me on Twitter @LandryColleen
Top 10 Reasons I (Finally) Started a Blog:
- I wanted to be 100% certain blogs weren’t a passing fancy like telephones were.
- I want to share nutrition tips (Pinot Grigio and cheesecake) and exercise habits (sleepwalking) with other women.
- I’m confident it will
savestrengthen my marriage. My husband is tired of me asking: “Why do you hate me so much?” He’ll be pleased I’m turning to the Internet for answers.
- I need cyber eye contact.
- It will give me something to do at 4 am, after I’ve towelled off from night sweats. #homicidal
- I want to become the Most Famous Blogger in the Kingdom so Ellen (DeGeneres) and I will have something to chat about when she invites me on her show. Does anyone have her number?
- I want to share coping tips on parenting teens (Pinot Grigio and cheesecake).
therapistfriend suggested I “just shut up already and do it”. Be that way.
- I have lots of
voicesideas in my head and I thought a blog might be good for my schizophreniacreativity.
- Why not? Everyone else is doing it. I once jumped off a bridge because everyone else was doing it and it went well so I’m sure this will too.